It is hot and hot recently. In the eyes of machining workers, we need to face the same "hot" cutting fluid all the year round, so how to reasonably use cutting fluid and control temperature is also one of our necessary skills. Now let's share some dry goods with you.
1. When processing combustible metal, please use appropriate cutting fluid for combustible metal processing. Especially when a fire is caused when processing combustible metal using water-soluble cutting fluid, water and combustible metal will react, which may lead to explosive combustion or water vapor explosion caused by hydrogen.
2. Do not use cutting fluid with low ignition point (Class 2 petroleum, etc., ignition point lower than 70 ℃). Otherwise, it will cause fire. Even when cutting fluids of Class 3 petroleum (ignition point 70 ℃~200 ℃), Class 4 petroleum (ignition point 200 ℃~250 ℃) and flame retardant (ignition point above 250 ℃) are used, it is possible to ignite. Pay full attention to the use status and methods, such as controlling the production of oil smoke.
3. In the process of using cutting fluid, pay attention to avoid insufficient or poor supply of cutting fluid. In the case of no normal supply of cutting fluid, sparks or friction heat may occur in the processing conditions, which may cause the chips or cutting fluid of combustible workpiece to catch fire, thus causing fire. It is necessary to avoid insufficient or poor supply of cutting fluid, clean it to avoid clogging of the chip adapter plate and filter of the cutting fluid tank, and quickly replenish it when the amount of cutting fluid in the cutting fluid tank decreases. Please confirm the normal operation of the cutting fluid pump regularly.
4. Deteriorated cutting fluid and lubricating oil (grease, oil) are extremely harmful to human body. Do not use them. Please consult the manufacturer about how to judge the deterioration of cutting fluid and lubricating oil. Please store and discard according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Try to avoid using cutting fluid and lubricating oil (grease, oil) that can deteriorate polycarbonate, neoprene (NBR), hydrogenated nitrile rubber (HNBR), fluororubber, nylon, propylene resin and ABS resin. In addition, when the dilution water contains a large amount of residual chlorine, these materials will also deteriorate. These materials are used as packaging materials in this machine. Therefore, if the packaging is not sufficient, it may cause electric shock due to electric leakage or burn together due to the outflow of lubricating grease.
6. Selection and use of cutting fluid
Cutting fluid refers to a kind of mixed lubricant used to lubricate and cool machining tools and machining parts in the process of metal cutting, which can also be called metalworking fluid (oil). In addition, in production practice, cutting fluid has different customary terms according to different use occasions. For example: cutting fluid applied to cutting and grinding fluid applied to grinding; Honing oil used for honing; Cooling oil for gear hobbing and gear shaping.
Cutting fluid type
Oil-based, water-based (emulsion, microemulsion, synthetic fluid)
Recommended use of cutting fluid for group drilling and tapping machines
·For the cutting fluid in use, please follow the manufacturer's instructions to properly manage the PH, the mixing degree of the stock solution and the dilution water, the salt concentration of the dilution water, and the switching frequency of the cutting fluid.
·The cutting fluid will be gradually reduced in the process of use. When the cutting fluid is insufficient, it should be replenished in time. When using water-soluble cutting fluid, before putting the water and the original fluid into the oil tank, it should be fully stirred in other containers, and then put in after it is completely dissolved.
Matters needing attention
1. The cutting fluid shown below will have a great impact on the machine and may cause failure. Do not use it.
Cutting fluid containing sulfur with high activity. Some contain sulfur with very high activity, which may corrode copper, silver and other metals and cause defective parts when it intrudes into the machine.
Synthetic cutting fluid with high permeability. Some cutting fluids such as polyglycol have very high permeability. Once they penetrate into the machine, they may cause insulation deterioration or poor parts.
Water-soluble cutting fluid with high alkalinity. Some of the cutting fluids used to improve the PH value through aliphatic alcohol amines have strong alkalinity of more than PH10 at standard dilution, and chemical changes caused by long-term adhesion may lead to deterioration of materials such as resins. Chlorinated cutting fluid. In the cutting fluid containing chlorinated paraffin and other chlorine components, some may have a greater impact on resin, rubber and other materials, causing poor parts.
2. Frequently remove the floating oil in the cutting fluid tank to maintain the state of no oil floating. The amount of sludge can be controlled by inhibiting the amount of oil in the cutting fluid.
3. Always keep the cutting fluid in a fresh state. The new cutting fluid has the function of re-emulsifying the oil content of the oil sludge through surface activity, and has certain cleaning effect on the oil sludge adhered to the machine tool.
Post time: Feb-21-2023